Monday, March 15, 2010

Waiting with Desire

So, I'm on the verge of releasing a product that I've been working on for two straight years. My partner & I thought it would take us six-months. Ha! We never would have started it if we knew it would have taken this long. No way. I was taking classes for my PhD (still trying to finish it), working a full-time practice, and raising three kids. No way. But, God had other plans.

Through this journey, God has healed my heart in many ways. I've seen my different educational degrees all come together and work in unisome. I seen my heart healed through the work of writing and creating. So fun. So hard. God has used it for such a deep healing of my heart, of my competency. I praise Him for it!

Now it's done and we're putting the final touches on it. The new website should be up in just a few days to start selling the product. Now I wait. Though the process of creating has been very fulfilling, I still desire for it to have an impact in the lives of children, to heal their anxious hearts. I wait with desire, desire greatly fulfilled thus far, but desire still waiting to be fulfilled. That is the walk with the Lord, isn't it?

The Lord loves to give us our desires. Do you believe it? Yes, He does. "Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of you heart" (Psalm 37:5). "If you, then though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will you Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him! (Matt. 7:11). Now, he doesn't want our desire to rule us or entangle us in sinful behaviors. He has to free hearts to receive our desires without being in bondage to them. But nevertheless, it longs to show His children His love.

I wait upon the Lord... with great anticipation... to see what He will do. I couldn't have predicted the last two years, so I certainly can't predict the next two. That's what I love about walking with God. It's such an adventure!

Chris

PS- The product is Turnaround: Turning Fear into Freedom. It is a step-by-step audio program to help kids overcome anxiety. My website is http://www.myanxiouschild.com/ and the new look will be up this week.

No comments: